CCS Fat Medium For Oil Painting™
A Handcrafted Oil Medium That Improves Glossiness And Dry Time!
- Handmade from the highest quality ingredients
- Non-yellowing and of archival quality
- Created through reproducing the methods of the Old Masters
- Improves glossiness of paint when dried
- Quick drying time
- Recommended for use in later stages of painting
- Painting in the “fat over lean” technique
- Use with fine oil colors
- Material-conscious artists
- Professional artists
- Use in final works of art
- Improving drying time for oil paintings
- Use in studios or professional classrooms
A “Fat” Medium refers to the “Fat Over Lean” technique, which means to apply a paint layer rich in oil (a fat) over a layer with less oil (a lean) layer on a painting. This simple principle is fundamental to controlling the paint adhesion, drying time and glossiness of oil colors.The Clarified Fat Medium, by Chelsea Classical Studios, is a handmade oil medium that decreases drying time and increases glossiness. It is crafted from a mixture of pure, extra-pale, cold pressed linseed oil and lavender damar varnish. For Chelsea Classical Mediums, even the ingredients of their mediums are handcrafted to ensure absolutely the highest quality products. The Clarified Fat Medium is made with made with linseed oil that is purified and de-yellowed by traditional, natural processes that strive to make the palest, cleanest, pure linseed oil for artists’ to use. The damar resin is dissolved in distilled Oil of Spike Lavender Solvent for the varnish that is mixed with the oil. This fine-art quality medium has a large oil content mixed with a varnish so is considered fairly fat, rich and glossy. There are no carcinogenic fumes since neither turpentine nor petroleum is used.
What:Handcrafted blend of Chelsea’s Cold-Pressed Linseed Oil and Lavender Spike Oil Essence; for fat painting techniques.
Why: Designed for use with fat over lean oil techniques; helps increase paint film adhesion, makes paint fatter, rich, and glossy.
- Increases paint gloss
- For use in later painting stages